ACTIVITIES OF THE INSTITUTION
The activity of protection of cultural property was established by Articles 65 and 75 of the Law on Cultural Property (“Off. Gazette of RS” no.71 / 94, 52/11, 99/11).
In accordance with Article 65 the activity of protection of cultural property includes:
• Research and recording of properties under previous protection;
• proposing and establishing cultural properties;
• keeping a register and documentation of cultural property;
• providing technical assistance for the preservation and maintenance of cultural property to the owners and users of these properties;
• ensuring the use of cultural property for the purposes specified in this law;
• proposing and monitoring the implementation of measures to protect cultural property;
• collection, sorting, storage, maintenance and use of movable cultural property;
• implementation of measures of technical and physical protection of cultural property;
• publications on cultural property and on the results of work on their protection, presentation of cultural property, organizing lectures and other appropriate forms of cultural and educational activities;
• other activities in the field of cultural property protection established by this law and based on it.
Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments, in addition to the activities referred to in Article 65 of this Law:
• studies immovable cultural property and compiles studies, analyzes and projects with appropriate documentation for the appropriate protection and use of certain immovable cultural property;
• participates in the process of preparing spatial and urban plans by submitting available data and conditions of immovable cultural property and takes part in the consideration of propositions of spatial and urban plans;
• publishes materials about the work undertaken on the immovable cultural heritage;
• compiles projects for works on immovable cultural heritage and runs those works in accordance with the law;
• gains an insight into the implementation of technical protection measures and the use of immovable cultural property and
• performs other duties determined by this law.